Icemaker leaks

Users who are viewing this thread

Tom VBC

Reaction score
The icemaker in my GE fridge has leaked since we got it. Just a little, But every time it fills the mold, some water drips down into the container of ice, causing the cubes to stick to the container and to each other. I've removed the icemaker and determined that there's no leak in the mold. The water line enters the inlet cup through a hole in the side of the cup - no gasket or anything, and I suspect that some water escapes through that hole as water squirts into the cup. I'd like to try filling in the hole areound the inlet line. Is there some sort of putty that is safe for potable water that would hold up in the freezer?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
How long have you owned it? That would have been a warranty repair. Could still be. SOrry, don't know how to fix it. Might be worth a call to their help line, though. It might be a simple repair.

Tom VBC

Reaction score
It's going on six years old. I had tried to get some info from GE early on, but never got responses to any emails. The first fridge delivered didn't cool, so the dealer brought out another the next day. Of course, all the food spoiled and GE wouldn't cover that cost even though it didn't work on Day #1. Great customer relations!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks