valve stops

Users who are viewing this thread

farrington

Reaction score
Yesterday I picked up a few brasscraft compression stop valves for my bath. When I was grabbing them a guy next to me was complaining about the plastic stems the stops have on them now. He was a plumber and told me I was nuts for using them. I have to admit this is the first time I have seen valves with plastic stems but how bad could they be. He said if the valve binds up the stem will break trying to close it. To that I said they probably won't bind up as much because of the plastic. Does this guys theory hold any water?? Pun intended. :D farrington

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Valves

Don't worry about it. Most comp. valves now have plastic stems. If the valve won't move find out why before you put too much pressure on it. Luck.

Dubldare

Plumber/Gasfitter
Reaction score
I have yet to see a nylon stem shear on a BrassCraft stop, unless a plier or hammer was used on the handle.

I am completely sold on the nylon stems. The brass-stemmed stops have a very nasty habit of seizing up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks