flange extender

Users who are viewing this thread

farrington

Reaction score
I picked up a package of Jones Stephens closet flange extenders today for a bath i remodeled. I'm sure you guys know what i'm talking about. It came with 1/2" and 1/4" spacers with gaskets attached. I usually replace the flange for a tile floor but I had no access for this one. It's self explanatory how to put them on but I was thinking should a bead of silicone be applied to the closet flange before installing the extenders?? The gasket on the extender seems a bit thin to compress enough to make a long lasting seal but using silicone doesn't exactly make me feel better either. The closet flange is pvc with a metal ring that the johnny bolts slide into and I have seen first hand what silicone can do to metal over time. What's the norm for installing these?? thanks farrington

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks