repositioning toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

tk2

Reaction score
Thanks to all you gave advice about removing 4'' cast iron soil pipe...I want to move the toilet. What's the maximum distance by code that i can have the toilet
from the 4'' waste drain? And would there be any venting issues? I'm looking about 6ft at the most..Thanks

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't know of any limits on how far a toilet can be from the main drain as long as the slope of the toilet drain is maintained at 1/4" per foot. If the toilet has a 4" drain line and is within 6' of the main drain it does not have to have a separate vent.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

CORRECTION! The distance to the main drain has nothing to do with needing a vent. The toilet has to be within 6 feet of ITS vent, under most codes. Some give more distance, but all apply to the distance to the toilet's vent, not the main drain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks