showerhead/faucet problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Lori

Reaction score
A few months ago my son came down and reported that the diverter on the faucet in his bathroom didn't work. My father came over and replaced both the faucet and the showerhead. Now, the faucet he put on has a white thread, about 1/2 inch wide coming out of it, and the diverter that you pull up to start the shower. The problem is that now when you pull the diverter up, the shower does start but with horrible pressure. The majority of the water is coming out very hard through this white thread on faucet, not the actual faucet itself. I don't think there is blockage anywhere because when the showerhead was replaced, my dad took it off and started the water and it was getting plenty of water out of that pipe that comes off the wall where the showerhead goes. As you can tell by my explanation, I am totally ignorant of plumbing problems. My downstairs shower is going to be totally gutted and redone on Thursday and we are going to be without a shower if I can't get this one fixed. I think it is probably something simple we are overlooking and before calling a plumber (single mom, limited funds) I wanted to see if we could fix it ourselves. Is it possible to cap that thread on the bottom of that faucet? Or is it possible that my father bought the wrong type of faucet?

Any help would greatly be appreciated. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks