Say "no" to the AS Champion toilet & "yes" to Toto

Users who are viewing this thread

badeb

Reaction score
One year ago I purchased an American Standard Champion toilet since I was tired of always unclogging my old toilets. Unfortunately I did not run across Terry's site until after that purchase. Off and on for a year the seal on the Champion would fold up and cause the toilet to continually run. This week the seal finally has failed completely and Home Depot doesn't carry replacement seals for Champion. Does anyone have a recommendation?

After seeing Terry's site, I have purchased two Toto toilets with the "G-Max" flush system for my other restrooms. They have performed fabulously. My family now laughs at how passionate I am about the Toto brand.

D

dc_homeplumber

American Standard will supposedly send a free replacement seal. That doesn't do much immediate good if it's your only toilet!

GAW

Reaction score
Replace the flush valve w/ Eljer Titan valve

After a year of fighting the two AS champions in my home, I broke down and bought two Eljer Titan tanks ($119.00 each) at Lowes. The Eljer valve is 1/4" smaller than the Champion valve, but fits with no leaks if you use the Champion gasket. Total repair takes about 20 minutes, and you'll never have to deal with that sorry design of the American Standard again!

Eljer uses a no-nonsense 3" flapper. Both my toilets now flush every time, with no flush valve leaking. Pictures here .

Toto must be a regional brand... I haven't seen those down here in Texas. I'll swear by the Eljer, though!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Toto is sold by plumbing supply houses and most plumbers.

They also have a Toto Dalton model, which competes well with the Eljer Titan, my price has been $194 for a comfort height, elongated bowl that works very well.

The Titan is a copy of the Toto Drake ADA version, which is still a nicer toilet quality wise than the Titan. If you saw them side by side, you would know what I mean.
The Toto doesn't leak past the wax either like the Titan bowls seem to do.

I've been selling the standard height Toto Drake for $223 and $229

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks