Bubbles

Users who are viewing this thread

tasha369

Reaction score
When the shower or clothes washer drains I get huge loud bubbles coming up in the toilets. How can I stop this?

Prashster

Reaction score
One of the vents may be clogged.
Having no air gap to migrate to, they trickle up the toilet.
Cheap solution? Use less soap!!! ;)

tasha369

Reaction score
I just move here so I am not sure but it could be there is no vent at all, where along the feeds to the septic should the vent be? Lowest point or highest point? One toilet is at the last point before the septic the other is near the highest point.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If it were a vent problem, which is very unlikely, all the vents would have to be plugged, or they would all have to have air admitance valves instead of going through the roof. But the more serious problem may be that the drain is plugged or the septic tank needs servicing.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
If the plumbing is in a fairly straight line, then the vent should be at the highest point or at the uphill end of the line.

Could be a dip in the sewer or a partially plugged sewer.

tasha369

Reaction score
The septic was just cleaned 2 months ago. Could it be a problem in the drywell? When it rains a lot the bubbles are louder & bigger and the toilets drain slower. Could drywell problem cause both problems

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks