mateing a 4" soil drain to PVC

Users who are viewing this thread

brussie

Reaction score
i Have a 4" cast iron soil pipe. the pipe is out of the fitting due to leaking thru the lead solder, i had removed all of the bad pipe and the solder in the female side, is there a way to mate a 4" PVC pipe to the 4" cast iron fitting, someone told me to stick the 4" pipe into the fitting and use hyd cement to hold the pipe into place, there has to be a better way.
brussie

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you have a hub, and you want to come out of that hub with pvc...I think that they make a rubber dougnut designed specifically for that. You need to clean out all of the lead and oakum first, or it won't fit. The mission coupling works great if you have cut the pipe and want to convert to pvc, but (I don't think) it would work from a hub to a new pipe.

Finnegan

Reaction score
They make a type of cement as well as a rubber doughnut to fit pvc into a cast iron hub. However, I find it is way easier to snap the hub off and use the no hub coupler on the two straight ends.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks