losing pressure and hot h2o

Users who are viewing this thread

mike111669

Reaction score
Several years ago we purchased a home that is approximately 27 years old. The water pressure is adequate, however in one of the two bathrooms, the pressure started to decrease. When filling the tub, the hot water now only comes out in a trickle and may not stay hot for very long (but the sink may still have hot water coming out. When we got the house (we have a well) we purchased a water treatment system which includes a softener, acid neutralizer and a reverse osmosis system. I believe the house is fitted with copper plumbing.

Why do I experience almost no pressure and or hot water in the hot valve of one bathroom and not the rest of the house?

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
Take the faucet apart and replace the washers and bib screws. Clean it up and lube it with plumbers grease........

mike111669

Reaction score
It is a 2 handle, also I forgot to mention that I have oil heat, so I have a boiler and not a hot water heater.

Thanks for your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks