PDA

View Full Version : Toto Aquia and a 11.25" rough in?

JAHarris
03-13-2006, 07:40 AM
Hi,

Been lurking here awhile, first post.

Thanks to Terry and everyone else who posts here. This has been a great resource for me.

I need to replace all three of my toilets. I am starting in the master bath and I have pulled the old toilet to verify the rough in before ordering. I had settled on getting a Toto Aquia, but now that I find my rough in short by .75" I am wondering if it will squeeze in. Anyone out there now if it will fit on a short rough in or will I have to get a toilet with a 10" rough in? If I do need a 10" rough in toilet what do you folks recommend?

Thanks in Advance

Jesse

Spokaneman
03-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Is the 11.25 from the baseboard or the wall board? If from the baseboard, you could always trim the baseboardaround the toilet.

I would think if your old toilet fit, it was most likely a 12 in RI so the new one should fit as well. I installed a Toto Vespin that used the unifit, on a 12" rough in and the tank sits about 3/4 of an inch from the wall so there is a bit of play.

If it were me, I would buy at least one of the units locally, even if it costs a bit more to be sure that it fits so if you have to return it its not a huge shipping hassle.

JAHarris
03-14-2006, 11:52 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

It is 11.25" from the wallboard. I had pretty much made up my mind to give it a go when I came across an old post by Terry stating that the Aquia would install ok on a rough in of 11.50"+. Upon researching the Drake I found the install instructions posted by Terry's son in which he says the Drake will install on a rough in as short as 11.0" I have so many projects going on that I need this to go smoothly and quickly so I picked up a Drake today. Hopefully I can have it in tonight.

With any luck I will be able to use Aquias in my other two bathrooms. It will make the most difference in my downstairs 1/2 bath as it gets the heaviest use.

Thanks again.

Jesse