Toto Carlyle rough-in too tight?

Users who are viewing this thread

jimtrusk

Reaction score
Hello everyone, This is my first post here. We live in Frederick, MD. I hope someone can help with some info. I haven't found anything in a quick search.

After a remodel the drain centerline to wall distance is 11 3/8 " in our hall bath due to new tile. It appears to me that our new Carlyle won't quite fit. I placed the 12" uni-fit over the drain flange, lining up the bolt holes and the back of the uni-fit is no more than 3/8" from the tile wall. The spec sheet doesn't appear to give the exact measurement I need to determine if I need the 10" uni-fit or not. I would rather not use it since it would move the toilet closer to the tub. Does anyone have any experience with this toilet? If I do need the 10" uni-fit I would like to order now so the plumber can do everything in one visit. Are there any other solutions to move the drain flange connection by 1/2" away from the wall. Right now there is tile around the drain flange itself so it can't be moved without rework and expense.

Also, the drain flange is now about 1/4" under the floor tile level. Does this require an extender? The extender box says it is for flanges lower than this.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Carlyle should work at 11-1/4" from the wall.
If you put it that tight, you may have to trim floor molding.
Normally when you set a Carlyle on a 12" rough, there is 3/4" of space behind.

The water supply should be 7" to the left of center or it can hit the back of the toilet.

jimtrusk

Reaction score
Hello Terry,
Thanks for replying. The toilet was installed this morning and it just fit. The supply needed an "L" in order to work. I appreciate the quick response. I had my doubts about it fitting but am glad it did without the 10" uni-fit. They flush amazingly quick and quiet, and their trim dimensions make the bathrooms a little more spacious. I'm glad I found your web site. I had never heard of this brand before but am very pleased with them.
Jim Rusk

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks