Noisy Kitchen faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

A2TheMAX

Reaction score
I have a kitchen faucet (a Moen) that when turned on full pressure, hot or cold or both, Squeels like the sound of a hot water sound. This is the only fixture in the house that does this. I've cleened the screen and h+c handles and still I'm baffled. I even took off the goose neck to see if there was any air lock. Didn't help. Not only is it anoying, it's loud and at night even louder. Any Ideas ? HELP!!! :eek:

Gary Gordy

Reaction score
I know this is old thread, but if someone has the same problem, here how to fix it

first, check the washers and valve stem

Before that, you must find out where the sound is coming from:

If it is at the faucet — shut off the water just below the sink, and let the remaining water run out by turning on the water.

If it is from inside of your wall — turn off the water that comes into the house. There should be a valve where the pipe enters the house in your basement or crawl space.

After you’ve turned off the water, here are the steps to fix the faucet:

Remove the decorative "H" or "C" covers — if you have them.
Use a Phillips screwdriver or allen wrench to unscrew the set screw.
Pop off the handle.
Grab your bath socket wrench to remove the stem by unscrewing it.
Remove the remaining nuts with a regular wrench.
Replace all old parts with new ones.

After that, check the water pressure
to change the pressure you’ll need to:

Grab an adjustable wrench.
Loosen the nut on the regulating valve.
Tighten the bolt.
Tighten the nut down and make slight adjustments — as necessary.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks