Adding New Toilet Upstairs

Users who are viewing this thread

FGMAZZOLA

Reaction score
I live in a 1 1/2 story home in Houston, Texas. Upstairs is all gameroom. I'd like to add a 1/2 bath. Directly below my planned location is my master bath toilet. Of course, coming up from that toilet is the vent line. I'm no plumber, but I do know that I can't use this line as my waste line from above; at least not with a conventional toilet. So what can I do? I was thinking of running a line down inside the outside wall of my house. Once I reach the first floor, place a sweeping 90 through the outside wall immediately connecting to another sweeping 90 pointing towards the ground. An option here would be a sweeping tee so I could put a clean out here in the vertical. Continuing, I would then run the line underground approximately 25' and tie into my existing line leaving my house running to the sewer main. I hope this makes sense. Am I thinking right or are you laughing so much you'll have a hard time responding? Looking for some help. My house is brick veneer and sitting on a post tension slab. Thanks for the imput.

Jimmym

Reaction score
In my previous house, the sink drained into a vertical pipe in the wall. It continued up to the drain for the shower above. From there it continued into the attic as the vent.
I'm not sure what the problem is? If the pipe is big enough, use it as the drain. If not, replace it with a bigger one and continue the vent upwards. It HAS to be easier than what you described.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

You were doing good until you mentioned the post tensioned slab. That means you cannot break into the floor to conceal the pipe or make a connection, so the way you describe it might be the only, or at least the best, possibility.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks