View Full Version : Please help me identify this (w/pics)

01-31-2006, 11:46 PM
I am having difficulty figuring out what I have here. My bathtub faucet is leaking and I have removed one of the acryllic handles, only to find this metal sleeve. Before I go to battle in trying to remove it, I tried to find a schematic of the faucet handle online but didn't have much luck.

There are no indications of a make or model anywhere on the hardware. My house was built in 1976 and I fear this gem may be an original item.

Thanks in advance for any info...

02-01-2006, 08:07 AM
It is a Price Pfister faucet with Marquis handles. The metal sleeve comes off, but usually with great difficulty. If you break the stem or sleeve, Home Depot has the stems but take one with you because they have several different ones and the clerk may give you the wrong one. They will not have Marquis handles, especially in the smoked shade, but may have Windsor ones which are better and do not use the sleeve.

02-01-2006, 09:21 AM

Thanks for your prompt response. I now have some info with which to search for a schematic.

I have a feeling I'll end up cutting those buggers off in the end anyway.

Thanks again,


02-01-2006, 03:43 PM
First grab the metal handle adapter, which is what the sleeve is, with a pair of pliers and rock it gently back and forth a couple of times, then grab it at a point 90 degrees from the original point and do it again while pulling up on it. Keep moving back and forth between the two positions and it should come off.