Faucet Sprayer Too Tight

Users who are viewing this thread

Tim Ellis

Reaction score
Hello,

Yesterday I installed a Glacier Bay faucet with pulldown sprayer. It works just fine, rotates, etc. However, the sprayer is very difficult to pull out. I have to hold the neck of the faucet to keep it from bending over. Even worse, the sprayer won't go back up on its own! I have to kneel in front of the sink and pull the hose back down. Is there a part of the process I'm missing? What can I do?

Thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Yoiu must not have installed the weight on the hose which retracts it. WHY is the spray hard to pull out? Is it stuck to the spout or is the hose being restrained?

Tim Ellis

Reaction score
I've installed the weight to the lowest point of the hose. It isn't stuck. The spray takes a fair amount of effort to pull out though, as if the neck of the faucet isn't wide enough to accommodate it.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
More than likely the "tubes" under the faucet have been bent towards each other so they are binding the hose which has to slide between them. This would make the hose hard to pull out, but ALSO prevent it from sliding back in properly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks