Charlotte Pipe TruFit System - important?

Users who are viewing this thread

JHZR2

Reaction score
Bought a bunch of 4" sch 40 PVC at Lowes to tie in to some bad CI pipe. It was all Charlotte brand. In more than one place it says to not mix with other brands, because Charlotte uses the same tolerances of everything, while other manufacturers (may not?) don't.

Thing is, I found a few fittings at HD that are NBCo or some other brand, which are also 4" sch 40, and I like them better. Specifically one type of sanitary tee and one type of check tee.

Is this going to pose any issue in practical reality? Will mixing different brands cause a higher chance of leaking or other issues? I kind of figure it to be a sales gimmick, but not sure if they is some truth to it.

Thanks!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; it says to not mix with other brands, because Charlotte uses the same tolerances of everything, while other manufacturers (may not?) don't.

That is B.S. of the first magnitude. IF every company used different specifications NOTHING would fit together, but obviously, everything DOES fit together. Just use any fitting with the Charlotte pipe. IF the Charlotte pipe does NOT fit them, then IT is the bad stuff, or it is NOT sch. 40 pipe.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I only use Charlotte CI and never had a problem TRU Spin was pure garbage and shattered like glass

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks