PDA

View Full Version : Glass for custom shower?

fiasco
01-30-2006, 02:01 AM
I am putting a 30" x 60" mud/tile shower in my basement. Where can I get glass / glass door for the shower (not the cheap aluminum rail lowes type stuff).

I'm hoping for something frameless similar to the Kohler shower door below but with a wider fixed glass panel with the total glass/door width being 50-56"

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?from=thumb&frm=&module=Glass+Showers+%26+Doors&item=6418102&prod_num=702010-L&section=2&category=12

Thanks!

hj
01-30-2006, 05:23 AM
There should be several shower door companies in your phone book that have any number of frame, and frameless, shower doors. Either by-pass or panels with a swinging door. The glass has to be tempered so anything you use has to be a manufactured item, not DIY.

jadnashua
01-30-2006, 08:08 AM
www.wilsonglass.com is often recommended on the www.johnbridge.com DIY'er tile site (good place to check out for tiling!). Big glass panels are not for the feint of heart, a small slip means a pile of glass, but it is doable if you're careful.

chassis
01-30-2006, 12:40 PM
What jad said. Call a custom glass place. Oftentimes they also do commercial and automotive glazing, look in those categories. Just a guess but I would plan on $1000-$1500 and about 5 weeks lead time for what you are looking for.

Kohler offers a sliding style (bypass, not pivot) door in the size you are looking for. Just an idea.