View Full Version : Need Help Removing Shower Controller

01-29-2006, 10:22 AM
I have an existing Price Pfister single knob pull and turn type shower controller, which of course is leaking, and I would like to replace the cartridge, knob, and face plate. There is no model number, that I could find on the controller, and I cant get the knob off. The knob is acrylic, but there is no cover plate and screw in the front for me to remove. There is no set screw in the side of the knob. How do I get he knob off? The controller is installed on a fiberglass tub/shower unit, and it could be 10-15 years old. Please help. Thanks!

master plumber mark
01-29-2006, 10:28 AM
you had better have shut off valves behind that shower unit
cause once you are into it , you are into it for the long haul

finding pricefister parts could be a major problem

hunting high and low for them ect......they can be nearly impossible

to get parts for in a timely manner......

so be sure you can get the faucet to shut off first or you

might have to shut off the whole house till you are able to make the
repairs....or change out that faucet...