Antique toilet... worth anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

DRDnNY

Reaction score
First time poster... I came across the site while looking for info on antique toilets. To get right to the point... I have a circa 1920's one piece toilet and am wondering if it is worth anything? If there is a market I'd be happy to post a picture but if not would rather not lug it out.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
We know that it is not legal to manufacture a high-gallon toilet. Opinions very as to whether it is legal to INSTALL one as a replacement or in new construction. I believe that in most cases it is not. Some places also have codes even restricting the sale of used toilets. from a sanitary position.

Nonetheless, there are people who would be willing to buy that, especially if it is a rare brand or design, or one of the "oldies" which have remarkable reputations. Web auction is my first thought. Any large antique marts or consignment houses in your area?

powder-puff-toilet.jpg

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
aint life grand

Yes, we actually have a hardwaer
store 3 blocks away that sells used toilets
to the city and buys ours for 12.50---15.00 each

as long as their are no hair line cracks in them or

things stuck in them ....they must function properly

He also buys our old water heaters from us for 15.50
and sells them for $89 to landlords around here...

He cleans them up and sells them too..... as long as they
dont leak it dont matter how old they are either......

It amazes me that anyone can be that cheap to actually buy
either,

but it takes all kinds of squirrles to make the world go around.

DRDnNY

Reaction score
Thanks for your replys ... it's exactly what I expected. I was pretty surprised to come across this forum. I spent 20 years in the home improvements biz w/ kitchen and bath remodeling being the focus. I'll still try to get back here w/ a picture as it's a very unusual toilet. I've gutted at a thousand bathrooms and this is the only fixture I ever even thought about hanging on to.

DRDnNY

Reaction score
Bingo! ... yes it has a large T / N under the lid and a much smaller "130" stamped in it.

Joerg

Reaction score
Hello HJ,

The water heater leaks, were they usually slow leaks or those catastrophic ones where the owners came home and found their living space to have become an indoor pool?

Regards, Joerg.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
heaters

Joerg said:
Hello HJ,

The water heater leaks, were they usually slow leaks or those catastrophic ones where the owners came home and found their living space to have become an indoor pool?

Every kind imaginable, but the only reason for replacing a water heater, normally, is because it is leaking.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks