Old Leak Under Tub, Mold Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Duane R. Morgan

Reaction score
Hello

We are currently renting a place, and have had an issue with the drain under the tub. I have gone underneath and fixed a botched plumbing job, and the drains are all fine (to my knowledge) but recently with the hot weather the bathroom has been alot more musty than usual. Added to the fact that there is no air circulation or proper bathroom venting. The last few days I have felt quite sick, and so has my girlfriend. My guess is that there was quite a leak almost directly underneath our bathtub for at least a few months, making our crawl space/basement fill up with bathtub water on almost a daily basis.

Now it isn't happening anymore, but obviously there seems to be a mold issue. My landlord is unlikely to want or care to do anything. What are my options here?

Thanks in advance

-Duane Morgan

Duane R. Morgan

Reaction score
035.jpg The old plumbing job

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Normally you would have a vent between the p-trap and where it enters a waste line for other fixtures to prevent siphoning of the p-trap.
Also, the longer the the tailpiece on the tub waste and overflow, the more chance of siphoning when the tub drains, unless you just have a slow drain there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks