Question regarding Toto Soiree pedestal sink

Users who are viewing this thread

lk1965

Reaction score
Hello,

New member here, first time post. Hoping that somebody here might be able to help. We are about to start a bathroom remodeling project. We are interested in the Toto Soiree collection and would like to use both the Soiree toilet and corresponding pedestal sink for our new bathroom. We also are hoping to use oil-rubbed bronze fixtures throughout. We stopped by a local Toto showroom and had an opportunity to see the Soiree sink/toilet in person. It looks spectacular, but I noticed that there is a "decorative" cover plate on the rear overflow. I've been informed that this cover is NOT available in an oil-rubbed bronze finish. I would like to know what material this decorative cover plate is constructed of (is it plastic? metal?), and if it can be refinished in oil-rubbed bronze to match our fixtures? Thanks in advance!!!

Linda

abak_soiree_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The parts list shows it to be a replacement part (THU205#CP). It says it is chrome plated, and if real chrome, implies metal. My guess is that you could leave it out entirely. You may be able to take it to a metal shop and have it plated to your desires, but I do not know the costs, nor if it would really work out and match.

lk1965

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response! Yes, we thought about leaving it off, but the hole is rather large and unsightly with the cover off. If it were a normal sized overflow hole, it wouldn't be an issue...but it seems that on this particular sink, the overflow hole is larger and is meant to be covered with this decorative piece. I would really like to try and get it plated to match the Kohler oil-rubbed bronze fixtures that we plan on using. But if that isn't possible, or feasible...then I suppose switching our finish choice to brushed nickel would be a last-ditch option.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks