Water back up into sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Guy

Reaction score
We have 2 baths "back to back" on second floor separated by a wall. Occasionally when water is run in Bath "A" water appears in the sink of Bath "B". I am in the process of remodeling bath B and have removed all fixtures. I need to place a bucket under the trap for the removed sink because some times when Bath A sink is used the water will overflow in trap on Bath B. While I have things apart is there anything that should be done? I presume both sinks are "connected" to the same drain pipe that extends to the waste line in the cellar.

Thanks in advance.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You have a partial blockage in the drain line they share. The line needs to be snaked out.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
Why don't you cap it off and when you put it back together put a wye with a 1 1/2' CLEANOUT PLUG on the upstream end of the two drains.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks