Help Sanke problem!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

tazzmann74

Reaction score
I snaked my type and to my surprise the snake got stuck will not come out or even go in farther!! I do not know what to do to get it out. Now i have a clog by it which interferes with the toliet and washer working as well as the tub. PLease help!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused:

justinhammond

Reaction score
If the pipe is PVC find when the snake is stuck (by sound) and cut the put a foot or so back so you can free the snake. You can then repair the pipe witha repair coupling or remove and replace the section of the pipe that is giving you problems all together

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
How old is you house?

Are you on a basement, crawl space, or slab?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
snake

I wondered what a "sanke problem" could be. You do have a problem, can you run the snake in reverse while pulling on it? Could you be caught in a backwater valve? If neither, then your only recourse is to dig it up, but then you will probably have to do that anyway to find out why it happened at that spot.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
snake

In addition to my previous answer, the last one reminded me of a situation from years ago. A drain cleaner was called to snake the washer drain. His snake also got wound up and could not be removed. He told the customer that it was their responsibility to get the snake out or he would have to charge them for it. I dug up the exterior main cleanout where his 1/2" snake had tangled into roots. Pulled the kinked and twisted snake out and left it on the ground and then did a proper snake job on the sewer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks