DWV Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Qball

Reaction score
My wife and I are in the middle of a 2nd floor master bathroom remodel and we are currently stuck... We are trying to figure out how to best route drain lines given the desired location of our fixtures...

I have a plan, but it isn't a very good one... Instead of trying to explain with words, here is a drawing/plan along with a couple pics:

drawing
old plumbing location
new plumbing location

The blue / gray pipes in the drawing show existing plumbing. The red / green pipes show what I have planned...

The main problem is the location of the new toilet. As you can see, running the new toilet drain towards the shower would make for a long C-shaped run, which probably wouldn't give me enough drop... The route in the picture is slightly better, but I don't want to notch the floor joists, and if I drill holes, I will have to put in several 15" pieces with unions (because 3" PVC won't bend (as far as I know)).

I am interested to know if piecing a drain like this is a problem. Or perhaps, there is a trick to getting a 3" drain in the floor when the floor joists are already in place (without notching). Maybe there is even a better way to organize the fixtures that makes the plumbing easier...

Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks