Korky 528T Hose problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Jay T Boggs

Reaction score
Hi, we just installed brand new Korky 528T's and we are noticing that sometimes if you flush the toilet. the water is VERY low by the trapway. So when you open the tank, it seems like that the hose pops off often. It is very strange and we are wondering how we can fix that and not have to do that. We have 3 drakes, The one in the basement already has a Korky fill valve and is working fine. The other one in the master bedroom is working just fine. It seems like the one in the master bathroom might be defective. Does anyone have suggestions? :)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Is it popping off the valve or the overflow tower? Double check that the hose has not split slightly. If the clip is slipping off, make sure it is fully seated, and if it is, maybe bend the tab to increase the tension.

inside_tank_cst744s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay T Boggs

Reaction score
Well it's popping of the valve. My dad tried to put the tube in a different way. So hopefully that works. And yes we bent it a few times

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
You are correct that on the 528T in the Drake, you will not get a proper refill unless the water from the refill hose runs down the overflow riser.

Which side is the hose popping off of? It should be relatively-easy to seat it securely on the valve head. Likewise, it should be attached to a metal clip of which you push the circular part into the open end of the hose and then you clip that to the top of the overflow riser, aiming the water into and down the riser. That hose should have a little play, but not so much that it kinks or flails around. It's easy to cut with a scissors.

If you're missing the clip or something, just call Korky at 1-800-LAVELLE (1-800-528-3553). They are very nice and they will happily send you a new clip or hose, usually for free, and they can talk you through hooking it up.

If you need me to take a photo of how the 528T in my Drake is installed, I'm happy to do so.

Here are the installation instructions from the Korky web site: http://korky.com/PDF/528.pdf Look at item 5C.

Here's the installation video from Korky. The part about how to attach the refill tube starts at 1:16 into the video.

[video]http://korky.com/528.html[/video]

Good luck. Let us know how it works out.

Jay T Boggs

Reaction score
Well see the thing with the drake is, since the handle is on the side, we had to place it where korky was not down or up it is sideways so can that be the issue?

Jay T Boggs

Reaction score
Well I like I said, it came off on both, one time it was the valve, and the other time it was the overflow tube. It kinda makes me mad that I paid 48 freakin dollars meanwhile I could have went to the home depot and bought a basic 528 for 8 dollars. Jeez it seems like the parts for a TOTO Drake are pricey.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Take a look at the picture Terry added above. That's how it's supposed to go. One option in the future is to get a 528MP MaxPerformance valve and adjust the refill properly. The basic Korky 528 won't give you enough refill (20% when you need 40%), it's not an option for your Drake.

Look...it's a refill hose. It should fit. If it's split somewhere so it's popping off, take a scissors and cut off the end that's split, and reattach where it's tight. Push it all the way in. I'm really having difficulty understanding why you're having problems with it, but if it's the hose or the clip, then call Korky and get another one sent to you. You definitely are entitled to have it working properly all the time, with no future problems. Nothing more frustrating that something mechanical that doesn't work.

Stay with it, get it fixed so you will be happy, and let us know how it goes.

There is a basis Korky 528 which slightly underfill a TOTO bowl
The TOTO equiped 528T, which does fill the bowl
And the MaxPerformance Korky 528MP which will adust to fit all bowls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks