Allergic to Lead??

Users who are viewing this thread

BowlBreaker

Reaction score
I'm am new here and came across this forum because I do business with Terry and have found some interesting posts that I wanted to add my experience and .02, but it seems to me that alot of problems posted here are easily solved by not changing what is not broke and replacing your 30 40 maybe even 100 year old lead bends with a new "lead bend"! Hell you can strech em bend em, cock em, twist em, change em into any shape humanly imaginable and guess what? they always work! Got a vent problem heck just burn a hole in the side and wipe on a piece of copper pipe or male or female adapter and vent that toilet that was never vented. the only thing that'll stop what you can do with lead is your imagination!
Why mess with with all kinds of plastic bends measuring cutting glueing re-doing a whole job cause you were off a fraction of an inch glueing a 1/4 bend to a street 45 and having to throw it all away and start over again.
do it easy with lead.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
#1 I would guess most plumbers don't know how to wipe a joint, no one has taught them.

#2 Lead fumes are not good for you less is better.

#3 Plastic is easier

#4 Plastic is normaly permanent and will last longer than lead.

#5 If I'm off a little I just warm the plastic and move it to where I want it, just like lead.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
bend

Let's see now. In 55+ years I don't know how many lead bends I have removed, but I do know how many I have installed. ZERO. They were a dinosaur technology in the 50's and I did not know they were even still made or used.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks