HELP: gerber 21-374 floor mount back outlet bowl waste outlet thickness

Users who are viewing this thread

munkyboi

Reaction score
hi,

i have a gerber 21-310 floor mount back outlet toilet and i need to replace its gasket.

i found the gasket here (3rd one from the top):

http://www.plumbingsupply.com/toiletrings.html

as you can see, they come in same size but in 4 different thickness.

i called them up and they advised me to measure the thickness of horn of the waste outline, then add 1/8" and that's the thickness that i should get.

i am trying to find out the thickness of the horn of the waste outlet without pulling the toilet out, so i called gerber customer service and the person didn't know the answer and that he will forward my question to their engineers and he said it might take a while for them to get back to me.

i called several gerber dealers but they don't have the bowl on display so they can't really take the measurement for me.

in the meantime, i found the specs sheet of the bowl online and i can't definitively pinpoint the measurement of the waste outlet horn from the diagram. but i do see a measurement of 7/8" on the diagram that seems to indicate the distance between the finished wall to the back of the toilet, but i am not sure what part of the back of the toilet it is based on. if that is indeed the thickness of the waste outlet horn, and if i add 1/8" to it as suggested by the plumbing company, then i would need to order the gasket with 1" thickness. but i don't know if that is what the measurement is on the diagram.

here is the link of the specs sheet with the diagram:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=2lHfRiZg-qx-KUS3dvQbgQ&bvm=bv.41524429,d.d2k

can someone please take a look at the diagram and see whether or not that 7/8" measurement is indeed the thickness of the waste outlet horn?

better yet, does anyone have an access of the actual bowl and be able to help me take an actual measurement of it?

any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
m

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There isn't a spec on a sheet that's going to help with that.
It depends on where the flange is in relation to the bowl.
I would expect it to be a standard ring back there. Either a sponge rubber or reinforced wax marked for wall outlet.
I would think that a Sani-Seal would work there too.

munkyboi

Reaction score
thanks terry for your response.

yes, i am getting a standard sponge rubber one that is 6-3/4" OD x 3-1/2" ID

but i don't know which thickness to get because they have 4 thickness available (3/8", 9/16", 3/4" & 1")

There isn't a spec on a sheet that's going to help with that.
It depends on where the flange is in relation to the bowl.
I would expect it to be a standard ring back there. Either a sponge rubber or reinforced wax marked for wall outlet.
I would think that a Sani-Seal would work there too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks