Need a Tiny Toidy--any tips? Porcher Opinion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Zimmee66

Reaction score
Hi All!

I have a *really* small bathroom and need a small toilet.

By that I dont mean rough-in (standard 12" is fine) but rather bowl length.

I lknow of the AmStd cadet line--but this is a craftsman era house and so that would look a little weird, too modern.

I have been looking at the Porcher Lutezia/Pomezia..its a bit "monumental" for my taste (sorta roman) but the size is right: under 27" deep for round front. Every fraction of an inch counts!

Any opinions on the Procher products?

Any tips for small toilets available?

thank you! The world of toilets seems to be getting "supersized"!

regards
-j

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The name is unfamiliar to me, but I'm not a pro so that may or may not mean anything. But, is sounds Italian. If you've ever been to Italy and seen what passes for toilets, you would run, not walk, from any plumbing made in Italy. They're marvelous people and it's a beautiful country, but they got lost somewhere between the Roman Empire and the present when it comes to plumbing. I think you should get a Toto with a round bowl.

Zimmee66

Reaction score
Porcher no es italiano! Es American Standard :)

Thanks for the reply--Ive seen a few european toilets and I sure agree with you, the Romans may have had toilets but they dont seem to have improved much since then in Italy!

But porcher is actually built by AmStd.

I haven't been able to find a small toilet by toto, all Ive found are well over 27" deep.

Oh well, the search continues!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sorry to say, American Standard's quality has gone down over the past several years. They used to be decent, in fact I have one that I have used for over 20 years with no problems, but many plumbers report problems with them now. If you will go to Terry's Report on Toilets which is linked on the start page, you will get a good run down on Toto as well as several other brands. Toto seems to be the best buy. Not the cheapest, but trouble free. Beware of toilets sold in discount stores, they are priced cheap and are worth less than their price. A toilet is something you live with for years, so get a good one. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks