PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for bidet seat for American Standard Toilet

portlandbill
12-30-2012, 06:18 PM
Terry, do you have any suggestions for a compatible washlet seat for this American Standard toilet? It has a very circular seat.
I have a Blooming Bidet in the main bathroom, however, the seat pads are a poor fit for this toilet. You actually gave great advice that previous time based on a photo, so I'm hoping you can do it again!
It's a nice old toilet, however, might be that it needs to be replaced. Particular as I like the new Toto seats but doubt they'll fit this toilet.

Terry
12-30-2012, 06:44 PM
That's kind of short, but at least there is plenty of room between seat bolts and the tank.
TOTO has some new less expensive seats that I can add to my shopping cart this week.
You might also look at the INAX Clessence. Check back Wednesday afternoon and I'll have more information.

I kinda prefer the elongated bowls if I'm going with a bidet seat though.

portlandbill
12-31-2012, 11:58 AM
Thanks Terry. I'll check back later in the week.
I'll probably get a remote control model, so presumably the INAX Luscence would be a similar fit to the Clessence.
For Toto I was interested in the S300e or S350e. From the Toto sizing chart the depth should be a perfect match, but I can't tell on the width "D" measurement. The chart says a minimum of 9" clear from the center of the bowl, however they say nothing about how wide the seat actually is.

Terry
12-31-2012, 12:26 PM
The E seats from TOTO are "slowly" becoming available. We haven't gotten our first one yet.
Sometimes marketing is ahead of supply. They're coming though.

portlandbill
01-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Okay, thanks. My strategy will be to switch the toilet to an elongated Toto (presumably a better chance of a good seat fit compared to other brands) and then wait on the washlet until the S350e seat becomes available.