PDA

View Full Version : Toilet Supply Line

KShirriff
11-08-2012, 07:46 PM
My question is...is it OK to rough in the water supply to the toilet on the right side , to hide it in the corner of the bathroom even though the hook up is on the left side?

jadnashua
11-08-2012, 08:20 PM
You can put it where you want, but you might have trouble finding a supply hose long enough. If it's placed optimally, often it's very hard to see on the 'normal' side while still being accessable when needed.

KShirriff
11-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Thanks...you're right

Gary Swart
11-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Forgive me for asking, it's really none of my business, but why are worried that the water supply to the toilet might be visible? Everyone has a toilet and I know of no one that tried to hide the supply line. Put it on the left side as you face the toilet where it belongs. Use a chrome cover around the pipe and a nice chrome 1/4 turn valve with a flex supply line of appropriate length.

KShirriff
11-09-2012, 09:35 PM
I know... trying to build my own house and trying to make sure everything is almost perfect...don't want any " wish I had done that diferrent" situations.

jadnashua
11-10-2012, 01:28 PM
If you don't like the look of the flexible supply hoses, you could always plumb it with chrome (or whatever finish) plated brass solid line - this is thinner and potentially 'neater' looking than a flexible supply line. that takes more skill and maybe a tubing bender to get the things to line up without kinking the tubing, but those are cheap (takes more skill and time, though).