PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0

Terry
01-06-2006, 08:02 AM
I upgraded my Photoshop Elements 2.0 with the latest from Adobe that's on the stands,, version 4.0

I had to remove it though, it had too many programs running all the time.
My computer slowed down to about half speed.

I only needed the graphics program once in a while, but it wants to be in memory everytime the computer is on.

Has anyone else noticed what a memory hog this program has become?

What graphics programs are you using instead?

rshackleford
01-06-2006, 08:25 AM
Did you check the startup file folder. Was the program starting something there at every computer startup?

I would think the program preferences would allow you to keep this memory problem from occuring until you start the program; however, all bets are off once you run it.

this is just a guess. My computer knowledge is just from trial and error. Mostly the latter.

tjbaudio
01-11-2006, 11:41 PM
I use The GIMP. It runs on windows and Linux. It is also open source and free to use. Very powerful program.

www.gimp.org

speedbump
01-14-2006, 07:14 AM
I bought a product called Microsoft Digital Image Pro 9 from a newsletter I subscribe to. I paid under $30.00 for it and it supposidly sold for well over $100.00 retail.

It is a scaled down version of Photoshop in my opinion.

You can check it out here. (http://store.worldstart.com/home.php?xid=98eae0af8439db9ec1759aadf3dc293e) It is the last item on the page at the bottom.

bob...

jadnashua
01-14-2006, 01:18 PM
ACDSEE has a couple of programs that have gotten good reviews. THey have two versions, and you can download and try either one (it's a timed trial - 1 month I think). www.acdsee.com