PDA

View Full Version : New Trane 2stage VS CAC...Ques about wiring

vzw
09-08-2012, 05:20 AM
Just want some advice as if 2 stage is wired correctly. The condenser model # is 4ttr5061e and the airhandler is 4tee3f66a1000aa...If i look at the install manual for the AH is says to use the Ylo terminal for the low stage, and the Y terminal for the 2nd stage, and the blue to blue ,BUT, In the condenser install manual...it states the Y from the AH should go to the Yel/BLK on the condenser, the BLK from the AH to the Yel/RD at the condenser, and the blue to the blue. Which is correct??? I currently have it hooked up the 1st way, but how do I know the condenser is running in the correct stage? Please help. Thanks.

vzw
09-09-2012, 04:56 AM
Just want some advice as if 2 stage is wired correctly. The condenser model # is 4ttr5061e and the airhandler is 4tee3f66a1000aa...If i look at the install manual for the AH is says to use the Ylo terminal for the low stage, and the Y terminal for the 2nd stage, and the blue to blue ,BUT, In the condenser install manual...it states the Y from the AH should go to the Yel/BLK on the condenser, the BLK from the AH to the Yel/RD at the condenser, and the blue to the blue. Which is correct??? I currently have it hooked up the 1st way, but how do I know the condenser is running in the correct stage? Please help. Thanks.

EDIT>>>>>>>FIgured it out. It was wired up wrong! I rewired it the 2nd way, and both stages and speeds now work! Im amazed at how many hack techs are out in the field.

jimbo
09-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Tranes need to be installed by Trane factory authoriized techs....who have access to factory tech support for just such questions

vzw
09-10-2012, 06:22 AM
Tranes need to be installed by Trane factory authoriized techs....who have access to factory tech support for just such questions

They were "factory trained" techs. I wont let them in my house again! Hacks...How easy is it to get "factory trained"?