TOTO Neorest practical roughins (500,550)

Users who are viewing this thread

user314159

Reaction score
What is the shortest roughin (drain center to back wall surface) possible for a toto Neorest 500 and a Neorest 550? Can I get away with 11.5"? 11.25?

I'm looking for experience based answers rather than the toto party line, especially regarding the total length front to back and wall clearance; usually the toto drawings are very good. The dimensioning on the spec sheets for the Neorests I found was a bit unclear, and postings elsewhere seem to indicate the tolerances are a bit tighter on these than most TOTO's. Or perhaps the spec sheet is telling the truth and there's no wiggle room at all?

The plumber, in spite of telling him I will have 1" (sheetrock +tile) of wall covering, left me a distance of 12.5" from framing to drain center.
I have a suspicion by the time the sheetrock and tile are added that I'm screwed.

thanks,
Happy non-electric TOTO owner with ambitious spouse

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks