another sink question

Users who are viewing this thread

wardair

Reaction score
sorry forgot to ask this last time

ok first the sink is finally in i was going to mount the sprayer on the counter but i was wondering and i tried with the old sink after i took it out is it possible to drill a hole in the new aycrlic sink to accommadate the sprayer or will it weaken the sink

thanks again

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
This is done all the time. Very easy to do on an acrylic sink. Get a good hole-saw bit of the specified size. Drill from the top. Masking tape applied across the location will help to minimize any possible chipping of the acrylic top coat.

Sulconst2

Reaction score
if its acrylic then its same as tub material. yes, drilled many a tub to set faucets. tape the area with blue tape then use a guided hole saw on slow speed with low pressure.

wardair

Reaction score
thanks

thats what i thought just needed some reassureance about the strenght of the sink

wardair

Reaction score
ok drilled the hole with ease

thanks again guys

now to clean up the kitchen

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks