12" rough and 14" rough !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Tully23

Reaction score
Is the bowl of a 12" rough toilet the same Dimensions of a bowl for a 14" rough toilet. For example, if i have a Kohler Wellworth toilet 12" rough and it is off the wall almost 3 inches. Can i buy a 14" rough tank of the same toilet. Not sure if this makes sense.

Thanks!!!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
On most toilets, the bowl for a 14" rough-in is a 12" bowl with a thicker tank. As far as I know, Toto is the only company that uses the same toilet on 10, 12, and 14" (same bowl and tank), then uses an adapter to account for the rough-in variation. BUT, it only uses this on some of the toilet - those that use the Unifit adapter. And, no, this doesn't work on other brands.

So, the answer is probably. Given the performance of many Kohler toilets these days, my preference would be to junk it and buy a new Toto with the proper Unifit adapter. It might end up costing about the same

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks