PDA

View Full Version : Toto Vespin II vs. Toto Aquia or CST416M#01 vs. CST474CEFG#01

molo
06-13-2012, 09:27 AM
Hello,
- I am trying to choose between the two toilets mentioned above. The primary goal is to avoid having a clogged toilet. I am considering these two because of the skirted appearance.

- I like the look of the Aquia, but am not crazy about the push-button flush.

- I like the height of the Vespin II, and the flush lever. Does the Vespin II perform as well as the Aquia?

Thanks in Advance!
Bill

Gary Swart
06-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Just select the toilet that you like. All Toto toilets perform well, so you can't really go wrong.

Terry
06-13-2012, 04:48 PM
The Aquia bowl has less standing water, a washdown rinse and standard glaze.
It comes in 15-1/8"
CST416M
and 16-18" high bowls.
CST412MF and CST464MF

The Vespin has a larger water spot, standard with Sanagloss
Bowl height on the discontinued CST764SG is 15-1/8"
And for the Vespin II, CST474CEFG, 16-1/8"

I lean toward the Vespin II, but it's a really close call between the two. I've sold a bunch of them all, and they do have their proponents.

wjcandee
06-13-2012, 08:09 PM
You should go with what you like -- take a look at how they flush on Youtube. Me, I would go with the Vespin II due to no button flush and the fact that I love the double-cyclone rinse. Based on my experience discussed elsewhere with the Duravits, I'm not a fan of the washdown rinse on toilets like the Aquia, although I'm sure the Aquia's performance is better than our Duravits.

molo
06-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the replies!

Questions regarding Vespin II:

1. Longevity and Parts - Are there any known issues with maintenance, and are parts costly?

2. Cleaning and Staining of Bowl - Are there any secrets to maintaining the sanagloss in order to preserve it? Are there any issues with permanent staining of the Bowl?

Thoughts on Aquia: I like the appearance of the Aquia the most, hands down. However, I don't like the flush button of the Aquia. I like the additional height of the Vespin II, and I'm waiting to hear the verdict on the sanagloss feature. If sanagloss is a plus, why isn't it part of the Aquia?

Thanks again

Terry
06-14-2012, 09:08 AM
The Vespin parts are common to the hardware stores.
At Lowes it would be the Korky MaxPerformance fill valve and the Korky TOTO 3" replacement flapper.
Sanagloss has been around a long time. I have it in three of mine. I just use a liquid cleaner on it. It does stay cleaner then the standard glazing.
I kind of swap these things around. I have a Vespin II now where the Aquia was.