Repair/replace Delta lavatory aerator

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve42

Reaction score
A few days ago our bath sink began spraying water out at strange angles. I took off the aerator and the cartridge inside it fell into about 4 pieces. I assumed because of the ease with which the pieces fell out that the entire cartridge was a replaceable part, but after a trip to a couple of home improvement stores and a cursory search on the web, I'm beginning to wonder.

I can't recall the Series name for the faucets we used, but I have determined that the aerator is a Neo Style. The stamped information is "MASCO 2.0 GPM 7.6 L/m in A112.18.1M". I have searched, and the closest things I find are listed as 2.2 GPM, and since I can't measure the threads to compare, I'm loathe to order one, especially since many sites state this is a "custom" piece with no returns.

Am I right that the cartridge portion is not replaceable? If so, any sources for a replacement chrome version of this?

Thanks,

Steve

delta-faucet-lav-old.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Delta uses a "generic" thread aerator. IF you know the sequence for the five parts you could put the old one back together, but ANY external thread aerator you find at a hardware store, or elsewhere, will fit it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks