Colonoscopies and toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

richard904

Reaction score
Older people like me who are now advised to take colonoscopies can now see the advantage of a toilet like a Toto with a washlet. When I recently had to go through the preparation, I do not know how many wet wipes I had to use. There are real health and convenience reasons for these technologies. All too often we do not see in many products the convenience of older people taken into account. Fortunately we now have an ADA standard also which helps many people.

Bidet Seats

Last edited by a moderator:

Lumber Jack

Reaction score
About what temperature is the water that "cleans' you?

It seems like it would be a real eye opener and unpleasant.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
seat

Someday, unless you have already heard it, I will have to tell you the story about the guy who goes into a beauty parlor to use their toilet. He is told that it has a new "all purpose" seat, but not to push the red button. Of course he does.

Bidet Seats

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Those wet wipes, especially the Preparation H ones can be very problematic for aging piping systems. Good ole toilet paper is the best type of usage for no problems down the road. Those washlets are required by some religions; I've seen/heard of some customers asking for a 3/8" compression tee with a valve so they can supply water to a sprayer; their religion does not allow them to use toilet paper.

[video=youtube;HCao3h72dEE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCao3h72dEE[/video]

Lumber Jack

Reaction score
RUGGED said:
Those wet wipes, especially the Preparation H ones can be very problematic for aging piping systems. Good ole toilet paper is the best type of usage for no problems down the road. Those washlets are required by some religions; I've seen/heard of some customers asking for a 3/8" compression tee with a valve so they can supply water to a sprayer; their religion does not allow them to use toilet paper.

What kind of mean God doesn't let you wipe properly. :confused:

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Aside all the comments above.

Once you have used one, you don't want to be without one. And, with a septic system it sure reduces the paper factor.

Paul

Sulconst2

Reaction score
my nephew is a marine just home from iraq. told a story about transporting prisoners. pulled over to let them piss. one squats then wipes with his hand! then washes with the sand. like an everyday thing!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks