Replacing in-Ground Basement Floor Drain - Rotted Away

Users who are viewing this thread

Massillonmarine

Reaction score
120520_003.jpg

Help Please

This drain is used for the basement shower(everyday use), furnace, and the washer.

Where do I find the drain that disintegrated? Is there anything I should do to prevent this in the future? Better way to set this up?

Attachments

• 120520_002.jpg
    120520_002.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,716
  • 120520_001.jpg
    120520_001.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 2,016
Last edited:

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
Are you even sure that "floor drain" is actually connected to the house drain system? I've encountered many "floor drain" things similar to yours that just dump
into the footing drainage gravel. Anyway, if replacement is necessary, you may be sure that modern plastic drain piping will never disintegrate.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You should also be aware that you can't just dump waste water, even gray water, into an open drain pit. All drains require a P trap. Maybe there are things we are not seeing in your photo, but you need to do more research than you have indicated here. A plumber on site may be wise.

Massillonmarine

Reaction score
I don't know terminology of things so bear with me. The metal pan in this drain had been coming up in pieces cause our water contains a lot of rust. there is no ptrap to this drain only a buldge in the bottom of the hole below the exiting ceramic drain under the cement. I know it's connected to the house drain cause we replaced my soil stack a few years ago and dumped water in it to see where it flowed and went strait for the soil stack and then out towards the front of the house.....I'm guessing to the city sewer. There are spots around this square that are hollow...so with the metal pan falling apart and the hollow spots in the concrete....I wrote disintegrating. I'm a novice when it comes to this stuff, but I have learned a ton since owning this house. I thought someone would recommend where I can find this metal pan at a minimum cause I don't know where to look cause I can't find it on **** or craigslist. I must be using the wrong terminology.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks