insulated toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

farmhome

Reaction score
Starting new construction in a warm/humid climate. A standard toilet tank will create condensation and constant dripping on the floor. I need a toilet with an insulated tank. Anyone know of a good quality one like this?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
All the major manufacturers make them. Probably have to order it from the plumbing supplier; not a stock item. You can also purchase liner kits to retrofit into any toilet.

Since you are in the new construction phase, it would also be very easy to install a tempering valve for the water supply to the toilets.

Condensation is much less a problem today, than in the past. Since your toilet will likely flush only 1.28 gallons per, there is just that small amount of 'new' cold water mixing with 3 to 5+ gallons already in the tank at room temp.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Even if the tank is insulated, the bowl would not be so heavy use could still cause it to sweat. Do as jimbo suggested and install a tempering valve. I had installed them in my last two homes before the advent of the newer toilets and it worked well.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TOTO carries an insulated tank, ST743SD that goes on their Drake model bowls.

Also, and pressure assist tank would prevent condensation. Of the pressure assist tanks, the Flushmate works well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks