DWV Review for Permit

Users who are viewing this thread

David Pressler

Reaction score
Hello everyone, long time reader first time poster and I need help.
I have an unfinished upstairs addition that has sat for over two years. Framed, roofed, sided and I have roughed in the electrical, but have not been able to get the money together for a plumber. Every time I save up, something seems to get in the way. After a lot of reading, youtube and lurking here I have finally worked up the courage to do it myself. Here is what I have done so far.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
David

Attachments

• Upstairs Bath.png
    Upstairs Bath.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 285
  • Upstairs Bath 2.png
    Upstairs Bath 2.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 288

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
As long as the fittings for the vents on the lower horizontal are wye fittings (combo) you look fine.
A combo is like a wye with 45. The inspectors don't let us use a santee on it's back below the flood level.

Where you have the santee on the vertical is correct and they are fine on vents above the floor (42")

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Some lines you show in dark gray.. you need to ensure there is slope/// 1/4" per foot min,.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ALL horizontal lines must have a minimum of 1/4" per foot. You do not show pipe sizes, so we have to assume you will use an adequate size. IF you use the fitting for the toilet that you show, AND the shower is close enough, by going straight to the trap, the shower will not need the vent.

David Pressler

Reaction score
Upstairs Bath 3.jpgThank you for the quick response. I have 2 horizontal vents showing as santee that I will change to wye fittings. All the horizontal lines are a 1/4" drop per foot.
The colors for PVC are:
Yellow - 1.5"
Green - 2"
Grey - 3"
Thanks again,
David

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You still might not need the vent on the shower, depending on the distance from the 3" side inlet tee to the "P" trap. "I" would use 2" to the sink and tub, but that is just a person preference and the way I have ALWAYS done it.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm with hj on the tub and lav.
2.0 pipe is twice the measured volume of 1.5" pipe.
1.5 allows 1 fixture unit
2.0 allows 8 fixture units

Running 2.0" give you more options in the future. Is easier to clear. And less likely to ever have a problem.

David Pressler

Reaction score
Thanks, the shower is to far from the 3 inch pipe but I will up the 1.5" to 2" on the tub and sink.
Thanks for the help!
David

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks