Splashing problem with Toto toilets?

Users who are viewing this thread

mvita

Reaction score
I just ordered a Toto Drake to replace the original (17-year old) toilet that came in my house... went with the Drake after reading all the great information and many positive recommendations for it on this site. One thing that concerns me, though, is that I've since heard that a friend of a friend who put in a Toto recently (not sure exactly which model) has had problems with, as he puts it, "splashing". Presumably this means water/bowl contents splashing up onto the lid and/or onto the floor during the flushing process. Has anyone heard of a particular splashing problem with the Totos? Is it possible this person maybe has a bad unit or a bad install? Or is some level of increasing splashing to be expected with these new low-flow toilets as compared to the older-style toilets?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There are two general flushing systems, well, maybe three. Wash down and siphon jet are used by Totos (the third is pressure assist - I don't know of any Totos thatuse that system). A wash down system can end up splashing, but the siphon jet doesn't. Not sure which system the Drake uses.

Leo427

Reaction score
I can only speak for the Drake regarding this issue. I have had my Drake in use for about 6 months. I have never seen any splashing of water and/or bowl contents during flushing. Everything goes straight down the drain, VERY QUICKLY! ;)

I think you'll be pleased with the performance.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The inexpensive two piece models like the CST703 can splash.
These models have the wash-down flush bowls.

Anything with a model number as high as CST733 has no splash.
These all use a siphon jet flush.
They are the ones to buy.

All of the one-piece Toto's are very good too.

mvita

Reaction score
Ahhh, so it's a "wash-down" vs. "siphon-jet" issue... You know, it turns out there are many subtleties to toilet design that I never fully appreciated until just a couple days ago. :)

Sounds like I shouldn't have any problems with the Drake (CST744, presumably siphon-jet) then...

Thanks for the info....

chrissy

Reaction score
LOVE LOVE LOVE our 3 new Totos. Been in about 2+ months. :D
Never had any splashing. Just quick fast flushing. We have 6 people here.
Thanks Terry and everyone here for the help in finding a good toilet. Now I need a great shower head! off to look for a bord for that on this site :)

Drake 800 grams by Veritech Video

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks