Toilet outlet pipe offset with floor opening-Need Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Icenet

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm replacing the toilet in my bathroom due to clogging problems. After removing the old toilet, the outlet pipe rough-in is 9" and the tile is 12." Here is a picture:
attachment.php

I purchased a Toto Carlyle II with the standard 12" Unifit rough-in. My plumber told me to buy a 10" Unifit rough-in. My guess in he is going to drill new holes to move the Unifit back as much as possible. Does this make sense? Are there any other options I should consider?? Thanks!!!!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The Unifit adapters come in three lengths...the adapter bolts to the flange, and the toilet then bolts to the adapter. This keeps the toilet in the proper position and the adapter's outlet centered over the flange. You're about 1/2" too short to use the 12" adapter. With it, the toilet would have about 3/4" behind it with a true 12" rough-in. With the 10" unifit, you'll have approxmately 1.5" behind it, the 12" one won't fit, or if you do try to fudge it, it would be tight up against the wall and might put some unwanted torque on the thing, nor would the unifit's outlet be centered on the flange. With an offset flange, you want things lined up!

Icenet

Reaction score
Thanks Jim,
Will I continue to have clogging problems with 10" Unifit? Is there any point in replacing the tile opening (not in the budget)?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks