Riser Diagram help - NJ NSPC 2009 attic bath

Users who are viewing this thread

Winnebago

Reaction score
Hi everyone - first post, great info here, but haven't been able to find my specific situation. This is a new attic level bathroom & I hope to only require one vent due to difficulties working on the steep roof. I think I am reading the code right (2009 NSPC in NJ) that the WC can be up to 8' from the wet vent within a bath group and the lav and shower can be up to 9' away horizontally with 2" pipe. Will this layout work? I have a number of restrictions due to the framing below and the main will go from the WC to the right of the plan before going over a beam and down into a closet. The vent will be in wall behind the WC, the skylight is fixed.

photo.jpg

plan.png

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Winnebago

Reaction score
What about this? Tie the shower directly to the main and use the 3" as a wet vent?

photo (1).jpg

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The toilet flushing past the tub could siphon the tub's trap. If you vent the tub, the rest works.

You still need to make sure you are within the minimum distance for wet venting the WC.

Winnebago

Reaction score
The toilet flushing past the tub could siphon the tub's trap. If you vent the tub, the rest works.

You still need to make sure you are within the minimum distance for wet venting the WC.

Thank you! I will vent the tub separately.

Where does the measurement start for the WC to the vent? Is it from the wye to the stack?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks