PDA

View Full Version : Installing a hotel/commercial toilet in a home.

nikkhigg
02-29-2012, 08:53 AM
My husband and I are doing a bathroom remodel, and I bought a toilet that the sales associate told me was designed for a hotel, not a house. He said the only differences were that it had to be bolted directly to the sub-floor and it needed a wax-less seal. He continued to explain that the seal would have to have a "sleeve" that extended up into the base of the toilet to secure. My husband and I have no idea what we're doing. Could anyone give me a briefing on what the heck this sales associate was talking about a "sleeve"? And/or how to go about installing such a toilet?

The box the toilet came in says ACCC, which also seems to be an internet mystery. I've googled "ACCC" in every plumbing capacity that I can think of, and I've come up with nothing. Please, HELP! :confused:

Terry
02-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Open the box and take some pictures. We have no idea what you are talking about.

All toilets that sit on a floor, are attached to the floor.

Gary Swart
02-29-2012, 10:55 AM
The wax-less seal sounds like a common seal used instead of a wax ring. If so, these work just fine. I believe there are a couple of brands, but Fluid Master comes to mind, but there may be others that are similar. Check them out at most any plumbing supply store.

nikkhigg
02-29-2012, 11:41 AM
I'll take a picture this evening!! Thanks!