Waterline to Sub-0

Users who are viewing this thread

figgy

Reaction score
Hi, first time poster.
Installed a 48" Sub-0 built-in fridge. As you know, these things are heavy and once installed are not practicall to move especially on a hardwood floor. I am utilized the existing 1/4" valve recessed in the wall that was used for the old fridge. Of course there is no way to turn this valve off and on after the fridge is installed, so I used 1/4" nylon hose and a
1/4" coupling valve, that you connect the hose to by simply pushing the hose into it to make the connection. My concern is that I really don't trust these types of connections, but couldn't find a comprerssion type 1/4" x 1/4" valve to use instead. Plumbers must run into this situation all the time in remodeling and new construction with these kinds of fridges and wondered what is the best way to handle it.

Thanks

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
Hi, first time poster.
Installed a 48" Sub-0 built-in fridge. As you know, these things are heavy and once installed are not practicall to move especially on a hardwood floor. I am utilized the existing 1/4" valve recessed in the wall that was used for the old fridge. Of course there is no way to turn this valve off and on after the fridge is installed, so I used 1/4" nylon hose and a
1/4" coupling valve, that you connect the hose to by simply pushing the hose into it to make the connection. My concern is that I really don't trust these types of connections, but couldn't find a comprerssion type 1/4" x 1/4" valve to use instead. Plumbers must run into this situation all the time in remodeling and new construction with these kinds of fridges and wondered what is the best way to handle it.

Thanks

I use 1/4" pex to conenct ice makers with. I use brass nuts and plastic ferrules. I dont do hoses except for a washing machine.

figgy

Reaction score
I used the 1/4" plastic pipe you get at the big box stores they sell for ice makers (is that pex?) I used brass nuts and nylon ferrels to attach at wall and fridge. My concern is with the plastic connector valve with push in connections that I don't trust that I put in-line. I couldn't find a metal valve w/1/4" inlet on both sides at the big box stores but maybe I will keep looking. Do you guys trust these push in connections?

thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks