PDA

View Full Version : Fluidmaster ballcock

Hackney plumbing
02-22-2012, 08:14 PM
American standard used some fluidmaster ballcocks but the were not the normal 400 model. Anyone else see these? I was curious what model number that style was. The float did not travel straight up and down,the float would travel on an arch.

Plumber111
02-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Don't think I've seen one. I do hate the "Yellow Submarine" though. :(

Hackney plumbing
02-23-2012, 06:40 AM
Ok so no one knows anything about this weirdo fluidmaster????

Hackney plumbing
02-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Bump. I thought at least a few people would know. Alot of plumbers on this forum.

Plumber111
02-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Do you happen to have a picture from one of your jobs or something? A better description?

Hackney plumbing
02-24-2012, 05:09 PM
Yes I have a picture.

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww175/Waxsealer/fluidmaster1.jpg

Plumber111
02-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Thanks. No, don't see them here. Or not yet anyway. It's a later model with the .com cast into it.

Why the the heck would they make this? Their bread and butter valve covers about every tank scenario I can think of. Compact and out of the way of the other workings.

Some sort of experimental run to get ready to change the whole line? Headscratcher...

hj
02-25-2012, 09:58 AM
They make a few "proprietary" models. Kohler's low boy toilets have a version that operates sideways, but not like this one.

gusherb94
12-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Don't mean to resurrect an old thread but this strikes my curiosity and I have a few guesses. First of all, does anyone know what model Amstd that is? Perhaps the OP can chime in. From that picture it appears as though it's set to a fixed water level? At least I can't see any way to adjust it from here. If that IS the case then I can see them doing this for ease of installation and to prevent water level tampering. It probably still uses the same old Fluidmaster seal that were accustomed to.

Hackneyplumbing
12-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Don't mean to resurrect an old thread but this strikes my curiosity and I have a few guesses. First of all, does anyone know what model Amstd that is? Perhaps the OP can chime in. From that picture it appears as though it's set to a fixed water level? At least I can't see any way to adjust it from here. If that IS the case then I can see them doing this for ease of installation and to prevent water level tampering. It probably still uses the same old Fluidmaster seal that were accustomed to.

I don't remember what model American standard tank it was in.

wjcandee
12-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Perhaps they made it because the design uses fewer or less-expensive parts, or requires less labor, to make.