PDA

View Full Version : Top Fed Tank Toilet

Hackney plumbing
02-10-2012, 12:38 PM
This pic is of a top fed toilet with a fluidmaster installed. As you can see from the pic its been there working along time.

I installed it over 15 years ago. Saved the lady 100.00 on a POS top fed ballcock.

http://www.terrylove.com/images/hack/topfedballcock.jpg

tom12
02-13-2012, 05:07 AM
Hackney, thank you for the pic. If it's been working in place for 15 years then fine. However, i cant quite grasp whats going on - is the drop from the valve feeding the fluidmaster?

Hackney plumbing
02-13-2012, 05:17 AM
Hackney, thank you for the pic. If it's been working in place for 15 years then fine. However, i cant quite grasp whats going on - is the drop from the valve feeding the fluidmaster?

Yes,you are correct.

tom12
02-13-2012, 04:17 PM
Thanks again, it's an interesting set-up. I've never seen anything like that although i am familiar with ball-cocks and floats, mostly side-fed and occasionally bottom fed. Is the pic wc a typical, close couple wc, or a low level wc with a flush pipe? One other thing (thats probably pic perspective) the fluidmaster seems awfully low compared to the o/flow tube.
As a matter of interest, whats the opinion on cutting an inch or two off an o/flow tube?