Help needed to find a specific type of toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

maryx

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I hope you can direct me to where I can buy a toilet that has all of these features.

1. low to the ground like a child size toilet
2. rear discharge
3. electric eye type flush valve

I am familiar with this toilet, which is low to the ground,
http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?prod_num=4321

but I know I have seen exactly what I am looking for in airports and other businesses.
Hope someone here can help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That bowl from Kohler is a floor outlet.
It is a commercial bowl that requires a 1" water supply to the flush valve, which means it would never work in a residence.

Where do you plan to install the toilet?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm going to guess that you have a toddler and want a toilet to match the size. The electronic flusher is a great idea, but I don't know if it may or may not be feasible for a conventional toilet flush. Keeping in mind that the child (if I am correct in my assumption) will outgrow the small size fairly soon. Sort of like shoes and jeans. Consider something like a Toto Drake with a standard height bowl. You could construct a step stool for use while the child is still small and remove it when appropriate. The stool could be moved if the need arose for an adult to use the facility occasionally. Yes, you would have to train the child to flush and live with the times it was forgotten. Just trying to give and alternative idea.

maryx

Reaction score
OK, I will admit what this is for - it's for my cats! (I can hear you laughing! :rolleyes:)

Cats can be trained to use a toilet, and I thought it would be nice for them to have a lower bowl - I have big cats who are not that agile.

The toilet will be placed on a slab floor in the laundry room against a wall that backs up to the garage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Well, so much for my guess. LOL You could still make a ramp or series of steps to a conventional toilet, but don't know about the flushing problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks