PDA

View Full Version : Light Therapy

DonL
01-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Has anyone done Light Therapy or know if it really works ?

It sounds good in theory.

What do you think about it ?

BobL43
01-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Has anyone done Light Therapy or know if it really works ?

It sounds good in theory.

What do you think about it ?
I guess it can be good unless you are staring at the sun with your eyelids tied back with clothespins:rolleyes:

DonL
01-10-2012, 10:00 AM
I guess it can be good unless you are staring at the sun with your eyelids tied back with clothespins:rolleyes:

If you have thick skin and keep your eyes closed then you will be OK. 15084

Terry
01-10-2012, 10:00 AM
It works.
In the Seattle area, we see little sun in the Winter. It's great to be able to hop a plane and find some to break it up.

DonL
01-10-2012, 10:13 AM
It works.
In the Seattle area, we see little sun in the Winter. It's great to be able to hop a plane and find some to break it up.

It must be nice to have your own Private Plane. I Envy You...

Bad choice of words maybe.

But Terry You have it going on, Wish I could. Good for you, That is great.

A good lamp will have to do for most folks.

Cookie
01-10-2012, 04:24 PM
A good lamp is great, but, I keep the cost down by shutting it off, lol. I guess the light from my laptop will have to suffice, :)

Cookie
01-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Oh, I just thought of this, I got a story to tell you of today, Don. A true story and it is about lighting. :)

Cookie
01-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Eating dinner, had to wipe the drool, lol...

I started a new part time job today, and, when I used the ladies room, after being in there for oh, about 30 seconds, the lights shut off! I was waving my arms like I was directing a plane landing and nothing, no lights came back on. I was p******. :) ( I did those symbols, lol.) I came outside and asked, " what's with the lights?" Well, I was told, it was once a motion sensor, ( thought that) but you have to open the door to make the lights come back on.

Need I say more.

Cookie
01-10-2012, 04:32 PM
I guess I will start wearing one of those head lights when I enter the ladies room. :)

DonL
01-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Eating dinner, had to wipe the drool, lol...

I started a new part time job today, and, when I used the ladies room, after being in there for oh, about 30 seconds, the lights shut off! I was waving my arms like I was directing a plane landing and nothing, no lights came back on. I was p******. :) ( I did those symbols, lol.) I came outside and asked, " what's with the lights?" Well, I was told, it was once a motion sensor, ( thought that) but you have to open the door to make the lights come back on.

Need I say more.

That is Funny.

I hope you could see to wipe. LOL

You must have been in the Mens room.

Cookie
01-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Well, I had concerns about going out there ( on the floor) and finding my clothes were wet and these people thinking, since, my face is messed up looking, thinking I was mentally challenged. This was my first day. :)

Cookie
01-10-2012, 04:41 PM
I mean, I was going to call and reschedule but, I saw no point to that, since, they might as well, know, this is for me as good as it gets and to expect this, lol. I broke them in. lol.

Cookie
01-10-2012, 04:42 PM
I did notice when they sent out to Wendy's they didn't ask if I wanted anything. Could be the way, I sipped my coffee and ate the pop tart earlier, lol.

Cookie
01-10-2012, 04:44 PM
I am not a very good dinner date right now.

Cookie
01-10-2012, 04:45 PM
It is what it is . :)

Cookie
01-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Once my face heals, I will drag my leg when I walk. :)
Will drag it into the ladies room with the headlight on.

DonL
01-10-2012, 04:49 PM
I am sure tomorrow will be a better day.

Cookie
01-10-2012, 04:53 PM
It is alittle hard to understand me right now when I talk to. lol. I sound like I got a weird foreign accent, kind of like if you roll, german, french and iranian together. So, yesterday, I was yelling into the clown's face at McDonalds, I wanted an ice cream cone, and a hamburger, and I had 2 free coupons. I get to the next window, I got 3 cheeseburgers and a hamburger and I owe. I am talking to the woman at the window, saying, " no, I didn't pay for these cheeseburgers, and I didn't get my ice cream cone." She kept staring at my face. I said, it painfully, 4 times, finally, I got bugged, and I said, " look, will you stare in the bag? instead of my face?"

Then she said, they were out of ice cream, and asked if I wanted a tea instead. Yeah, put it in a cone. :)

Cookie
01-10-2012, 04:55 PM
What kind of wager on this? lol.

I am sure tomorrow will be a better day.

Cookie
01-10-2012, 04:57 PM
I think it is all funny. Let's bet Terry's plane.

Cookie
01-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Well, now I got to write up for a house sale, and clean the floor here. :)

DonL
01-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Well, now I got to write up for a house sale, and clean the floor here. :)

When you get yours done, you can come over and clean my floor.

I promise not to stare...

Cookie
01-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Ah, it's okay if you do. :) The boys cleaned up some of the floor, (the cats) I made stuffed peppers and they were yummy.

Now, I don't know if you know about this or not, or if you were kidding about light therapy, but, their are several uses for light therapies. I know several people who used it for various diseases with some success.

I kid around alot here, and some people don't get my jokes lol, I am referring to those who do not have a life of their own & continually persist on wanting to run & snoop on mine; but, their is one thing I don't joke about and that is ways medically to help others. If you want check this out Don, it is interesting and I am sure, if interested, their are many other sites where info can be found as well. You brought up something very worthwhile at least to me.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Therapy/photodynamic

Terry
01-10-2012, 06:53 PM
I don't own a plane, but if things get dreary enough, you find ways to get out of the clouds.
It's sunny here this week though. What does a person do with all that bright light?

Cookie, you may need to get them to install a light switch in the bathroom that has a longer set time. 30 seconds is just way too short.

Cookie
01-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Shucks, I thought I was going to win a plane. lol.

I don't think I can make people do much of anything, trust me, I would change something with some people if I could; but, the woman who was telling me this about the ladies room, was as disgusted and rolling her eyes, too. Can't blame her. I think, it might even be illegal against a fire code.

But, Don, honestly, the light therapies are used for different kinds of things, as skin problems, etc, it is called, in some cases a blue light therapy.

It has its useful purpose. It is kind of funny because alot of people will poo-poo certain things, but, different things are really coming to light. Such as this, I don't know if you read about this Don.

http://www.kanziuscancerresearch.org/

Many promising things in regards to this man's life work. I have followed this man's work for numerous years until, his death, and he was brillant. Many promising things, possibly making the days of sitting in a chemo chair like I did, for 5 years and 3 months a thing of the past, giving people their lives back from the very start, with very little damage to the person in all aspects. I got my money on this man's work. I see a cure in it.

Cookie
01-10-2012, 07:25 PM
To explain why I think it is illegal is because any type of movement should bring the lights back on incase of a fire. They have it wired so, it does not. I was testing it. Once I opened the door, they had the lights come back on again, then, off quickly. I shut the door, reopened it, lights was on again, for a very short period of time, then, off again. I looked for an override and saw none.

I may be wrong, but, I do not think I am. I think, this is against a fire code.

I did check the men's room as well. Same thing. As I was coming out again, the second time, the maintence man asked me if I needed anything. I thanked him saying, no and tried to wink but, my eye would't cooperate, lol.

So what do you think Terry? Am I right?

DonL
01-11-2012, 08:11 AM
To explain why I think it is illegal is because any type of movement should bring the lights back on incase of a fire. They have it wired so, it does not. I was testing it. Once I opened the door, they had the lights come back on again, then, off quickly. I shut the door, reopened it, lights was on again, for a very short period of time, then, off again. I looked for an override and saw none.

I may be wrong, but, I do not think I am. I think, this is against a fire code.

I did check the men's room as well. Same thing. As I was coming out again, the second time, the maintence man asked me if I needed anything. I thanked him saying, no and tried to wink but, my eye would't cooperate, lol.

So what do you think Terry? Am I right?

http://www.ehow.com/list_6643057_emergency-lighting-requirements-commercial-bathrooms_.html

The Light Therapy I was referring to was more for SAD, and not Cancer.

Cookie
01-11-2012, 10:07 AM
I found this for you Don,
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/seasonal-affective-disorder/DS00195

and, http://www.fullspectrumsolutions.com/light_therapy_13_ct.htm

is this the lamp you mentioned?

Sometimes, volunteering anywhere, really helps for some folks.

I was just outside the past 2 hours cleaning my car. I did the windows, the doors, the rugs, and, I made 15 cents. :) By the way, have you or anyone who dares to answer, lol, yet seen a new thing on tv, ( at least to me) called, Extreme Cheapskates? Really a crazy thing to watch.

But, now the car looks good, smells good and makes me realize that spring is just around the corner!

Thank you for the URL to the emergency lighting. It is much appreciated. :)

DonL
01-12-2012, 06:24 AM
Yes Cookie the Light Box is the one.

Have a great Sun Filled Day.

Cookie
01-12-2012, 06:40 AM
I don't know if you know this or not, aware of it, but, even on an overcast day, rays are making their way through. Perfect example is in the summer, people wonder how on earth they got burned because the sun wasn't out. Sometimes, it is mind over matter Don, keep those positive thoughts.

DonL
01-12-2012, 09:14 AM
I don't know if you know this or not, aware of it, but, even on an overcast day, rays are making their way through. Perfect example is in the summer, people wonder how on earth they got burned because the sun wasn't out. Sometimes, it is mind over matter Don, keep those positive thoughts.

I agree. I do notice I get more energy when I get Power from the Sun.

The Sun is a good example of a Design that can not be Duplicated.

She did good...

Cookie
01-12-2012, 09:28 AM
You are a marvel, how did you put that gif on? It looks so much better, but, now that the new year has started I will change that soon, find me something that will blink & is cool, lol.

I am on my way to work, the only job where the ladies room lights work, but, it is BYO...TP. I can't win. Plus, the place where I was threatened to have my face ripped off, but, at this point, it could be an improvement, a new start, LOL.

IN all honesty, the face is looking a tadbit better today. I only now have this look of WOW! instead of scaring little kids, :)

But, this place allows me the time to work on my book too, when it is slow. I take advantage of that time. I love my book by the way, it is great. Even if I laugh all by myself, it is funny. A girlfriend was reading it and crying & laughing at the same time, that is a sign of a best seller!

I love the sun by the way, but, I am more a moon person.

DonL
01-12-2012, 09:37 AM
A girlfriend was reading it and crying & laughing at the same time, that is a sign of a best seller!

I love the sun by the way, but, I am more a moon person.

You should be in Luck on both counts.

Should be close to a Full Moon, I hope it lights your way home tonight.

I hope your book does good, I will buy a copy when you get you ISBN number, Good Luck.

Cookie
01-12-2012, 08:26 PM
You will but? a copy, did you mean buy perhaps? lol. I will give you a copy .... :) No moon tonite that I saw, it was raining and, now turning to the white stuff I would rather not have and then, to ice which is even worse! Morning is going to be a mess, but, I am off tomorrow, so, I will work on my book and make my million so I can sue doctors, that is my goal in life, Lol. I have this idea, I got it today. Did you see the big lightbulb there in Texas? I ran it by a couple friends, and I think, they wanted to smell my breath. But, if I can do it, and win, it would be a first.

DonL
01-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Yea I screwed up typing, sorry.

I hope that you reach your goal.

The sun is shinning bright here today, but it is to cold to go out and enjoy its beauty.

BobL43
01-13-2012, 08:35 AM

The sun is shinning bright here today, but it is to cold to go out and enjoy its beauty. too cold to go out and enjoy it? it's 47 degrees there now; its like Summer time! go out and enjoy it. I will when I get off work in 1 1/2 hours. Ah, maybe not: its 41 and raining.

Cookie
01-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Snowing like crazy here and my shovels are missing from my front porch. :( I guess they were needed more by someone else than me. lol. I am glad, now, I don't have to shovel it. I only want to make this docor accountable for what he didn't do, eh, save my husband's life by doing his doctor duties. Hence, he cannot or will not even apologize or look at me in my eyes ( 2 are working today, by the way) I now, want everything he got. His malpractice insurance, his house, his cars, his bank accts, and even his cat. I will succeed in suing him. :)

The bad doctor took advantage of me, I was battling cancer again, at the same time of my husband's death, how low can you go.

The sun is shinning bright here today, but it is to cold to go out and enjoy its beauty.

Cookie
01-14-2012, 07:02 AM
Now, here Don, you can get some martian rays, lol... I was up & outside last night checking it out, really cool...

http://news.yahoo.com/moon-mars-meet-night-sky-tonight-225401846.html

DonL
01-14-2012, 08:08 AM
Now, here Don, you can get some martian rays, lol... I was up & outside last night checking it out, really cool...

http://news.yahoo.com/moon-mars-meet-night-sky-tonight-225401846.html

Now you tell me, Kind of late now ? lol

I am glad that you got to enjoy it.

Cookie
01-14-2012, 09:13 AM
I think, the article said, it is watchable until, March 5th. Take a peek when you haven't any cloud cover and let me know what you think. I hear those red rays give you a reddish hue. lol.

DonL
01-14-2012, 10:03 AM
I think, the article said, it is watchable until, March 5th. Take a peek when you haven't any cloud cover and let me know what you think. I hear those red rays give you a reddish hue. lol.

OK, I will have to check it out.

I just hope I do not start Howling at the moon.

Cookie
01-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Even if you do, so what, lol. I should had taken pictures last night, and usually, well, when I was still married, I would had together, but, last night, instead I just sat out on the deck and watched. Then, little Timmy came about and we actually, sat together, I moved down back then, under the Woodpecker trees & near, the Compost box. Then, my little neighbor boyfriend, ( age 10 now) called me on my cell, and, asked if he could come over. He was watching from his window, he wanted to pet Little Timmy. So, I said, ask your dad first. It was fine, so, he came over. Then, I went inside and made hot chocolate, and brought out apples. Then, my little boyfriend, asked me all about what that red planet was? So, huddled under a blanket with Little Timmy laying a foot away, I explained about what was going on with the moon and why it looked the way it did. I explained what waning was and how magical it was and you can make wishes on it. So, I watched him as he closed his eyes and made a wish. I wonder what he wished... :) I hope he gets it. Anyway, it is really neat to see.

DonL
01-14-2012, 10:46 AM
That was nice of You.

I have a Telescope with computer tracking but rarely get it out.

You should take some pictures with yours and share with us.

You need a older Boyfriend. lol

Cookie
01-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Here is a picture from sometime ago, I will start to take new ones. Much older, lol.

You should get your telescope out and take some pics. Great hobby for sure.

Cookie
01-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Will try this, that other one is coming out so big.

Cookie
01-14-2012, 11:02 AM
did you see the little guy waving? lol.